Cameroon: They Call Him Kwangá – Peace

The Catholic community in the remote village of Fonfuka, NW Province, Cameroon, has a distinguished pedigree. Masonry of old church It was founded nearly one hundred years ago, in 1919 to be precise, by a returnee soldier from the island of Fernando Po situated off the coast of Cameroon. Many Cameroonian soldiers serving in the German colonial army in different capacities were interned there after the German defeat in WWI. A significant number of them became Christians and turned into active apostles when they returned to their regions of origin after the war. The little church built by this fervent lay missionary in Fonfuka still stands. However, the seed sown in those distant days took a while to come to fruition.

Continue Reading
  • 1
  • 2
Close Menu
Close Panel